The sciatic nerve is the longest nerve in the body, going from the pelvis, through the buttocks, down the legs to the feet.
The most sciatica symptoms include:
• Strong, sometimes shooting pains in the limbs and lower back; pain can start in the back and work its way down the buttocks and thighs
• Numbness and tingling in the limbs
• Trouble moving or exercising
• Feeling stiff and unable to flex the feet
• Pain when sleeping
• Throbbing and inflammation around the thighs or lower back when sitting or standing for a period of time.
Gentle mobilisation and spinal manipulation can be helpful in restoring movement, reducing muscle spasm and eliminating pain.